135 South Halcyon Road Arroyo Grande, CA 93420

Tenant FAQ

When should I turn on utilities in my name?

Any utilities the tenant is responsible for will need to be turned on in their name by the time they move into the property.

How do I request maintenance repairs?

You can contact our office during normal business hours to request a repair or submit a repair request online.

When is rent due?

All rents are due on the first of every month regardless of weekends or holidays.

What kind of payment is accepted for monthly rent?

We accept personal checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks.   NO CASH. NO CREDIT CARDS. NO ONLINE OR “AUTOPAY”.

How do I pay rent if the office is closed?

We have a drop slot in our entry door.  You can drop off your rent during closed hours or holidays.  Make sure your name and address is clearly labeled.

Who do I call if there is an emergency after hours?

Our main office line 805-489-0864 is on a 24-hr answering service.  You can call for emergencies ONLY.  If you smell gas call the gas company first.  If you have a fire, call 911 first.

What do I do if I want a pet?

If a property will accept a pet, you must submit your request in writing with the type of animal you are requesting.  Upon approval, you will be asked to pay an additional security deposit of $500 per pet BEFORE the animal can reside on the property.

Do I need renters insurance?

Yes.  We recommend that all tenants have renters insurance.  Renters are responsible for everything that happens inside their rental unit or on their rental property (ex. A flood/fire/criminal destroys personal property, a neighbor throws a ball through your window, etc.)

How do I terminate my tenancy?

If you are on a lease, you must continue your lease until its expiration.  For month to month tenants, you must submit a written 30-day notice to our office with your intent to vacate.

When will I get my security Deposit back?

The landlord has 21 calendar days to refund the tenant any deposit after the tenant has fully vacated the property.

How do I add/remove someone from my contract?

Anyone you would like to add to your contract must submit an application and be processed and approved by B&W Management prior to them residing on the property.   Failure to do so could result in termination for breach of contract.

To remove someone from a contract, they must submit a written 30-day notice with their intent to vacate.  They will be responsible for the property until the end of their 30-day notice.